Making Your Home Move Stress-Free
Moving from one house to another can be stressful whether it is just a few doors down or across the country.
Fortunately, we have compiled a list of tips from experienced home moving professionals on how to manage a successful home move.
5 Tips for Planning the Perfect Move
- Renovations and repairs – If you require renovations before moving into your new home, it is best to talk to recommended tradies like builders, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, flooring installers, landscapers, painters, and other related tradies who do home renovations. They should be able to help you figure out how best to modify/repair the property including the timelines to match your moving schedule. The same applies if you want to sell your home. Getting the help of professional tradies can improve the value of your property boosting its sales potential. Keeping a list of professionals as such is not only helpful when moving into a new property but also when requiring urgent repairs.
- Insurances for your new home – Look into your home insurance policies as soon as you know you are moving as some plans do not cover the transition of moving into a new property. If this is the case, you need to talk to your insurance professional to know your options. Insurances rates may also vary depending on where you are moving so consulting early on will help know the insurance cost and policy impact of moving.
- Conveyancers – Sydney conveyancers handle the legal side of buying, selling, and moving. It’s crucial that you maintain regular contact throughout the process with your conveyancer until the settlement is reached to ensure there are no costly delays.
- Sydney Home Removal Services – We know how difficult and emotionally stressful moving can be so it is best to plan your move ahead of schedule. Home removal professionals specialise in helping people move to their new home as easily as possible. For some added tips:
- Have your mail redirected to your new residence
- Use ample packing materials like bubble wrap – you can even use towels and bed sheets for protecting your belongings
- Keep things dry by avoiding watering your plants for a couple of days before the move
- Pack up the things you use the most and will need like certain kitchen utensils and items, bedroom furniture and bedding, and things you use in the bathroom
- Write the room where the boxes will go clearly on the top of each box to avoid surprises and confusion when unpacking
- Get familiar with your neighbourhood – Go out and meet the locals in your new neighborhood. This gives you and them a sense of community and goodwill. It will make you feel more comfortable and help your kids (if applicable) acclimate quickly to their new surroundings. Get involved in neighborhood events as much as possible.
We hope this information has been helpful to you and that you find it handy when you are moving. Remember, the earlier you start planning your move, the less stress will be involved in the process. Happy moving!
Find Recommended Home Removalists, Tradies, Insurance Brokers, Conveyancers, and Other Professionals for Your Sydney Move
If you are planning on buying, selling or moving in Sydney our Tradebusters Connect free local business directory can you help you connect with all the businesses you need.