House renovation in Northern Beaches Sydney – Plan ahead
Planning ahead is crucial in the success of your house renovation in Northern Beaches Sydney. This will allow you to allocate the necessary funds for the project, make adjustments to your goals and more important find the right man for the job – or woman.
House Renovation in Northern Beaches Sydney – 3 important points that you have to remember
- What type of house renovation do you need? – The importance of identifying the type of house renovation that you need is paramount. This is the first step that you need to do. You need to decide whether you want a partial renovation, a complete renovation or something else. This is the basis of everything and it will get you started with projecting the cost and finding the tradesmen that you need.
- Expense of renovating – Before you begin any kind of project of this nature, it’s wise to know what it will cost. Start by consulting with good local builders in Northern Beaches Sydney about what you are planning so they can offer you an estimated quote in writing. Keep in mind that the lowest bid isn’t always the highest quality bidder, so be aware of the value and reputation of the builder as well as the bid price. If the costs are beyond what you have available, a loan will be in order.
- Expectations of service providers – What should you expect from the tradesmen and professionals who will be walking about on your property? Reliable services are only part of the big picture. You have to do some research and learn about the tradies you will need to use for your renovation. Ask questions like the following:
- What type of jobs are you specifically licensed for?
- Do you have insurance?
- Where is your work portfolio?
- What is the time frame to complete this project?
- Can I speak to some of your other clients in Northern Beaches Sydney and see your work in the area?
House renovation in Northern Beaches – other services that you might need
A good local builder in Northern Beaches Sydney will be the primary person you need for renovating a house, especially if structural elements are involved. However, in order to ensure the work is up to standard regulations, other services may be required. The following tradesmen and professional service providers could also be need for your house renovation in Sydney’s Northern Beaches:
- Carpenter Northern Beaches – If you fancy a new kitchen cupboard, storage and the like then hiring a professional cabinet maker or carpenter is a must.
- Bathroom renovator Northern Beaches – If you are planning to renovate the bathroom, we would suggest talking to a specialist bathroom renovator that can help you manage all the components of your bathroom renovation from waterproofing, tiling, installation of fixtures and fittings as well as plumbing and electrical.
- Plumbers Northern Beaches– Bathroom, kitchen, utility, and other areas where water pipes need to be repaired or placed
- Electricians Northern Beaches – Any home improvement job that affects the electrical wiring or further wiring and outlets
- Painters Northern Beaches – A home improvement project that involves a face lift or additional walls to be built may need you to engage a good local painter
Need help finding a good builder or other tradespeople for your place?
Here at Tradebusters®, our FREE and local tradesmen concierge service can help you connect with highly recommended builders and other trade businesses.
Simply complete our easy job request form and a member from our team will call you back shortly to help you get started.
More useful links:
Meet a Top 3 Local Choice near you:
Whether you are renovating, buying, selling, or moving, The Sydney Top 3 Local Choice directory can help connect you with vetted and reputable local businesses with confidence.
From local tradies, to real estate services providers, property and finance services we have you covered.
See who got a Top 3 spot near you.