What makes the eastern suburbs so prime for home renovations Sydney projects?
The eastern suburbs and the city of Sydney are prestigious areas with prime quality real estate. In 2014 this area seemed to lag behind some of the other regions, mostly due to buyers looking at more affordable housing. However, the growth in this area over the past year has provided a good showing for homes under $2 million. This is one of the factors that make the city and eastern suburbs good areas for a Sydney home renovation project.
Buyers looking for homes under $2 million are competitive and ready to buy. Low interest rates also drive these buyers to this prestigious area for investments as well as for family homes. Darlinghurst has reached an increase of over 19 per cent in house prices, making it a boom area. Due to the growing interest in real estate in and around the eastern suburbs of Sydney, this is a great time to consider a home renovation that could add tremendous value.
Sydney home renovations: 5 tips that add value to your eastern suburbs property
1) A coat of paint – Freshening up your home’s exterior and interior with a new coat of paint is one way to increase your home’s value. You could save a little money by taking on the project yourself, but there is a lot of room for error. Hiring painters in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs will save you time and provide you with a professional higher quality paint finish.
2) New flooring – New flooring is appealing to buyers and could make the difference between making the sale now or later. Nothing can guarantee a buyer, but a great looking floor adds to the beauty and value of your house.
3) Update the kitchen – When was the last time you updated your kitchen? If it’s been awhile, you might want to consider this renovation. The truth is that kitchen renovations is one space that can add the highest value to your property, especially when you plan to sell.
4) Bathroom renovations – Similar to the kitchen, a bathroom is the next popular space to add decent value to your property. Some homeowners want more space, some want more storage, and some just want to create an appealing environment. An experienced bathroom renovation specialist or local eastern suburbs builder can help you transform this space.
5) Home lighting – Upgrading your home lighting and ceiling fans will add value to your house and make it appealing to buyers. You must hire only licensed electricians in Sydney to do the work for you.
Ready to start your Sydney home renovation
If you want to find the right tradies to help you with your home renovation in Sydney, why not let our free Tradebusters tradesmen concierge service assist you. You can tell us about your tradie and home renovations needs right here and we will contact you back shortly.
Need help with other local businesses in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs?
Planning on buying, selling or moving? Need help with finances and property matters?
Why not try the Tradebusters Connect free local business and trade directory and meet our pick of the Top 3 local businesses in Sydney Eastern Suburbs near you?