Painters Bondi: Why paint your home?
A coat or two of paint always gives your house a nice face lift. People paint their homes for many reasons, ranging from because they want a change in color to selling it and it needs to look appealing. A good painters in Bondi can make it seem like magic when it comes to giving your home that freshly groomed look, regardless of why you are painting it.
Obviously if your house is looking drab, showing its age, and the paint is peeling, you want to paint it. It’s like a quick makeover to rejuvenate the exterior of your home. While having your house painted because it needs it is an obvious reason, there are other reasons to repaint your home.
First of all, homeowners have a responsibility to maintain their home and property whether they live in the country or in a neighbourhood. Some neighbourhoods require that homeowners keep their home well-maintained, which often involves a coat of paint to refresh its appearance.
Cracks, chips, marks, or fading in your paint job makes your house look worn out, sad, and generally unappealing. A new coat of paint not only covers the cracks, chips, marks, and fading of your paint, it also protects your home’s exterior from the elements.A fresh paint job will lift your spirits and renew your home’s aesthetic appearance.
Painters Bondi: Is there a guideline for when to paint your home?
Besides wanting to freshen up the aesthetics of your home, there are a few other factors that affect when you should paint your home. We spoke with a few local painters around Bondi and here is what they told us.
- The local climate – Yes, the weather affects your paint job. In a matter of just a few years, those blistering summer days take a toll on your home’s exterior paint job.
- Cladding type – The type of cladding you have on your home’s exterior affects how often you will need to paint it. Cladding types primarily include wood, plastic/vinyl, and metal. While it is designed to protect your home, it also needs protection from the elements.
- Quality of existing paint job – The quality of your existing paint and paint job is another factor that affects how often you should paint your house.
- Be watchful for paint wear and tear – It’s not uncommon for homeowners to forget about painting their home because they have busy lives. Most often, homeowners notice peeling and cracking around their windows before they decide it’s time to paint. If you have this problem around your windows that you can see from a distance, that means you should have already painted, but it’s definitely time to do it now.
- Painting cladding – Timber cladding will need to be painted every year or at least every other year, according to some local Bondi painters. Watch for signs of infestations, fungus, and moisture between the timber cladding to be aware of what your home needs. On the other hand, weather-resistant types of cladding won’t need to be painted over as often. However, keep your eyes on the window trims, doors, fascia, and other exterior accents around the cladding.
Painters Bondi: What’s the life span of exterior paint?
There are no specific guidelines or rules that are set in stone regarding how often to paint your home other than using your own common sense. However, homeowners should be aware and knowledgeable about the life span of quality paint jobs. Here are some of the basics:
- Semi-gloss and gloss timber style window trim should be repainted at least every few years
- Painted timber cladding is known to last for up to 10 years when quality paint is used
- Stained or clear-finished timber should be refinished every two to five years (not painted)
- Painting of fibro or weatherboard can last for up to 15 years
Remember that the life span of paint has as much to do with the quality of the workmanship as well as the quality of the paint itself. That being said, it’s smart to choose value over price or you could spend more in the long run on maintaining your home’s exterior paint job. An experienced, licensed painter can make all the difference in how your home looks and how long the paint job lasts.
If you want to find a painter in Bondi, why not let our free Tradebusters tradesmen concierge assist you. Our team will speak to you directly about your needs and help arrange the best fit painter for your project from our tried and tested network. You can tell us about your painter job here and a member of our team will contact you back shortly.
Need help with other local businesses in Sydney’s Bondi and Eastern Suburbs area?
Planning on buying, selling or moving? Need help with finances and property matters? Why not try the Tradebusters Connect free local business and trade directory and meet our pick of the Top 3 local businesses in Sydney Bondi and Eastern Suburbs area near you?