If you are renovating a home, or simply want a new look, hiring a professional painter will help to take the stress out of redecorating. However, it is important to find the best house painter for your specific needs.
How to Find the Best Painters in Bondi, Eastern Suburbs Sydney
The following tips will help you find the best painters in Bondi, Eastern Suburbs and ensure that your job goes as smoothly as possible.
1. Ask Around
One of the best ways to find a good local painter is to ask friends, neighbours and family members for referrals. If you know someone who has recently had their home painted, ask them who did the work, and if they were happy with the experience.
2. Get Estimates from Multiple Painters
If it is a painter that has not been recommended to you, you way want to do more checks and meet afew other painters in order to assess who is the best fit. Even though the estimates are coming from different painters, they should all be within a similar price range. If an estimate is much higher or lower than most, as what corners are being cut, or what part of the job isn’t being done.
Interview All Painters
Once you have received a few estimates, and discounted anyone who quotes too high or low, you should take some time to talk to each one. Ask questions such as.
- How long have you been painting?
- Do you have the necessary licenses? In NSW, this is required for all paint jobs over $1,000.
- Do you have the appropriate insurances?
- Are you a member of any local or national painting or tradesman associations?
- Do you do the work yourself or subcontract it to someone else?
- Do you have references?
- Do you offer a written guarantee?
- What paint products do you use? Really important as the quality of paint could impact on the pricing.
Be Specific About Your Painting Project
Whenever possible, have the painter come to your home so that he can see the places to be painted, and any specific elements of the project that may affect the price. Make sure you are specific about which surfaces need painting such as ceilings, walls, mouldings and trim, and the colours and finishes you want him to use.
Pay Attention to Signs and Behaviours
When you are meeting and talking with each painter, pay attention to the following behaviours and signs,
- Does he appear experienced and professional?
- Is he businesslike and courteous?
- Is he busy? (Busy is good, it means he’s in demand)
- Does he provide estimates and return phone calls in a timely manner?
- Is he on time for appointments?
The last thing you should do before deciding which painter to hire is get at least three references from prior clients, and if possible speak to them directly.
Are you ready to get started with your paint job in Bondi, Eastern Suburbs?
If you are looking for a painter in Bondi, why not let our free tradesmen concierge service help you as we use the same great recommended painters over and over again? You can tell us about your job by completing our easy job request form and our team will call you back shortly to help arrange a meeting with a suitable and available painter from our tried and tested network.