Before your start your home extension….
A quality home extension can add excellent value to your property, especially in the Sydney real estate marketplace.
However one of the usual challenges faced by homeowners is how to make it integrate naturally within your existing space.
We’ve prepared some tips.
Sydney Home Extension Preparation Tips
- Get professional home design support
Any home extension should match the look and feel of your existing home. The last thing you want is visible signs of a major difference e.g a disjointed roof lines, different colours and different materials.
Bring in an experienced local architect or professional designer during the design phase to help you with this.
2. Maximise your property space and potential
Be open to option on what other things you can do to your existing space to maximise its appeal, value and potential.
An architect or professional builder can bring in an impartial look into your home to figure out the best way to integrate the addition.
3. Plan, research, and consider….
Before you start a major home extension project, make sure you understand the local council regulations in your area. Councils impose restrictions on what you can do to your property and this may vary by Sydney area.
Also consider the following:
- electrical and plumbing reconfigurations which may be expensive
- winter and summer sun positions
- privacy and lifestyle improvements
- ways to achieve better lighting and excellent views
- insurance (to cover property and personnel damage during construction)
- the structural components and age of your property
- safety during the home extension
- whether you can live in the house during the project or if you need to rent elsewhere
A well planned home extension can be one of the best investments you would ever make so plan, budget and don’t rush it.
Planning a Sydney home extension project? Who do you call?
The Tradebusters free tradie concierge service can help you from start to end.
Our team has been using the same tried and tested tradesmen like builders, painters, electricians, plumbers, bathroom and kitchen specialists and more for many years, meaning we know come highly recommended.
To get started, you can tell us about your job right here or call 1300 TBUSTERS (828 783).
More Useful Links